When we were kids, we wanted so much to be grown-ups! And when we were older, we wished we had played more, laughed more and get with our friends more!
Grown-ups have a routine, they go to work, they get home, but how many of us still play like we used to?
Memories with Grandma and Grandpa are something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Often, it can be difficult to find something fun to do for the little ones, being so familiar to advanced technologies and all kinds of activities. But we would like to tell you about two siblings who played together in the Grandparents’ yard.
The story begins with the two little ones, Ioana and Andrei, who went with their parents to the grandparents’ house, where they will spend their holidays.
– Ioana, come on, hurry up! We’ll be late for Grandma!
Andrei ran in front of his happy sister, being joyful. He opened the gate and jumped into the arms of his grandmother who was waiting for him near the garden, and then he hugged his grandfather. Ioana also arrived, and her brother helped her with the luggage, marvelling at the beauty and goodness in the yard.
– Your children arrived before you did, said the cheerful grandmother to the parents who were approaching. We have work to doand things to discover, she continues.
The garden was like an enchanted land – the grandparents’ house was like a magic palace, the flower-coloured garden, and ivy-scarred, was flanked by wings of butterflies and stinging bees, and the words of the animals were heard around. Thefragrance of vegetables and flowers sweetened you and sent you to think about the labyrinths around the royal castles.
– Come on, Andrei, let’s find out what’s hiding in the yard!
– What a great idea, Ioana! Let’s see who goes first!
The road through the yard was filled with new adventures that the children were just waiting to discover!
On both sides of the flower-laden road, from where you could smell the summer and childhood, the bees hum, and the warm voices of Ioana and Andrei were heard.
You could hear the barking of the dogs who would play with their tail, jumping and playing with the children. Only domestic animals seemed a little quieter. Yes, they were! Do you know who the these are? Chicken, duck, pig, goose and many, many more.
So, here is an excellent opportunity to discover them with Andrei and Ioana!
While the grown-ups were at work, the children challenged themselves to a game to discover what was hidden in the yard.
– Ioana, look what I just discovered? I think there are geometric shapes in all the things in the yard! The sun is a circle, the grandparents’
house is a rectangle, and the trees look like a triangle!
– Andrei, you’re right! Look, Grandma’s pillow is a rhombus, and dew drops are tiny circles!
– Let’s play “Ograda”, to see what shapes and animals we find!